Stability and reliability
Price performance ratio
Excellent antivirus and internet security performances
Kaspersky Antivirus 2018 review: little powerhouse
Kaspersky Antivirus 2018 is almost as strong as its larger brothers. The virus scanner performs exceptionally well, but there are cheaper alternatives. You read here why Antivirus 2018 is an excellent purchase.
- Excellent performances for basic package
- Clear, simple to operate
- Fast, reliable and stable
- Costly, a little more expensive than the competition
The control panel has been adjusted slightly compared to the previous version, but works considerably more enjoyable. The same colour scheme, but in a different layout. The buttons are a little smaller, without edge and aligned horizontally. The security status of your PC can be seen in a mere glance. In case of calamities the banner becomes interactive and changes colour. With a single click you are taken to the element which needs your attention. You are in control and are only disturbed when it is necessary. That feels pleasant.
Kaspersky Antivirus 2018 scores exceptionally well in various independent tests. The bundle recognises and blocks various types of malware effortlessly. Phishing attempts are noticed and intercepted quickly. The virus scanner prevents you from accidentally taking in harmful software. Or ending up at fraudulent websites which are targeting your passwords. Small negative: a complete system scan takes longer than other packages do.
Kaspersky has added a number of pleasant functions:
- If a website requests your personal data, you can type this with the assistance of the On-Screen Keyboard. This way you prevent sensitive information from being read by a so-called keylogger.
- If you are logging in to My Kaspersky then you control the most important parts of the security package remotely, such as the fast or complete scan, or the updating of the virus definitions.
- If your system has been contaminated, then the Kaspersky boot drive starts your system in separate operating system. This way you prevent that malware damages your PC irreparably. You do need to create the boot drive before you get in trouble.
For the own firewall, the functions Parental Supervision and Secured Payment you will have to upgrade to a more expensive virus scanner.
- Excellent antivirus and internet security performances
- Useful extra tools
- Easy to install
- Complete system scan slow
We think Kaspersky Antivirus 2018 is highly recommended. The virus scanner works well, performs excellently and is easy to install. Considering the price, the extras are a little scant.
|Starting price||31,95 €|
|1 PC – 1 year||31,95 €|
|3 PCs – 1 year||49,95 €|
|1 PC – 2 years||49,95 €|
|3 PCs – 2 years||89,95 €|
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8, 8.1
- Windows® 7
- Approximately 480 MB free space on the hard drive
- 1 GB of available RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB of available RAM (64-bit)