Stability and reliability
Price performance ratio
Intego Mac Internet Security X9
Protect your Apple computer even more with Intego Mac Internet Security X9. The package performs well, but does not offer many extras compared to Windows security. In this article you will read about the benefits of internet security for Apple computers and why Intego Mac Internet Security X9 is a good buy. You can find the Mac antivirus test here.
- Excellent protection against malware
- Low impact on performance
- Clear and easy to use
- Excellent extra’s like Net Barrier, unfortunately it has no web scanner in browser feature
- Reasonable value for money
The benefits of internet security for Apple Mac
In theory Macs are just as vulnerable as Windows PC’s. Nevertheless, Windows PC’s are targeted more often by hackers and cybercriminals. On the one hand this can be explained by the larger share that Windows has on the internet market. On the other hand, this is because Apple’s operating system OS X is harder to hack. OS X is based on UNIX architecture, which is harder to penetrate.
That’s good news for Mac-fans. With the growing popularity of Apple products, the demand for better internet security increases. Although Apple Mac computers are customary equipped with protection against unwanted intruders, there are still risks. Intego Mac Internet Security X9 is a good choice for those that are looking for extra security for their (often expensive) Mac.
Intego Mac Internet Security X9 contains three applications in one program: NetBarrier, NetUpdate and VirusBarrier. These three are combined in one easy-to-use interface.
- NetBarrier functions as a firewall and keeps a close eye on the incoming and outgoing internet traffic. Select one of the pre-programmed profiles or create your own profile based on your personal preferences. With NetBarrier you can set which applications have access to the Internet.
- VirusBarrier scans for harmful viruses and malware. The interface works in the same way as the firewall: you chose one of the pre-programmed profiles: minimum, standard or maximum, and the software does the rest. A nice addition is the option to plan your scans, something the other Mac security packages do not offer.
- NetUpdate manages the list of definitions of known, harmful viruses. This list is updated regularly to protect your MAC against new and advanced malware.
Reasonable value for money
Intego Mac Internet Security X9 has excellent performance when it comes to detecting and blocking common and advanced malware. For those who are familiar with the often more extensive Windows security packages, this Mac security will feel limited. Handy features, that improve a secure feeling, are missing. For instance, there is no parental supervision and web scanner in browser feature.
- Good at detecting and blocking malware
- Easy to use
- Excellent firewall (as the only Mac security software)
- Hardly any effect on system performance
- Relatively expensive
- Web scanner in browser feature is missing
Intego Mac Internet Security X9 offers antimalware, a good antivirus, excellent firewall and is easy to use. We think that Intego Mac Internet Security X9 is a very good choice for extra security for Mac’s.