Stability and reliability
Price performance ratio
Avast Pro Antivirus 2019 for businesses works reasonably well overall. Considering the unique home-network-protection
Avast Antivirus 2019
Avast Pro Antivirus 2019 is intended for businesses and, besides simple Internet security, offers a number of interesting additions, such as home-network-protection. For certain features some technical knowledge is helpful. Below you can read why Pro Antivirus by Avast is interesting for your company.
- Intended for entrepreneurs
- Reasonable performance
- Low system strain
- Function home-network-protection is innovative
- Poor price/performance ratio
- Convenient additional features
Antivirus for entrepreneurs
Avast is mainly known for its free version for home-users.
Specifically for the business market, Avast developed Pro Antivirus. Purchase comes with a 1-year licence. You will basically have the same functions the free version offers, plus some handy extra tools.
Avast Pro Antivirus performs reasonably in the independent tests. The package executes essential Internet security tasks adequately. The anti-phishing function barely out-performs the standard browser-protection, and, as far as we are concerned, has no additional value. System-strain, on the other hand, is considerably lower. In addition, the software is easy to use. From the interface you can see the security status at a glance, and you can easily operate all aspects of the package. Unfortunately antivirus packages in the same price-range give more value for money.
Unique home-network-protection works well
Most routers run on processors and operating systems. This renders them just as vulnerable to internet threats as regular PCs. Therefore, Avast developed Home-network-protection. This feature checks user name and password and warns if the standard settings for a specific device are being used. You’ll also be notified when your Wi-fi is vulnerable and doesn’t use encryption or other protection.
The importance of router-security is strangely ignored by most internet security software manufacturers. So Avast is one step ahead of the competition with its home-network-protection.
Extras with a focus on entrepreneurs
The most interesting extras are outlined below:
- SecureDNS: Protects routers against DNS hijacking and prevents de-routing to counterfeit bank websites.
- Sandbox-environment: this enables you to open unreliable apps and files. Some technical expertise is needed to set up Sandbox.
- SafeZone browser: extra protection for safe internet banking. It comes handy in case you frequently use Internet banking and don’t want to fall victim to theft.
- Home-network-protection is innovative and works well
- Handy extras for independent entrepreneurs
- Reasonable performance basic functions
- Some technical knowledge is required to work in the Sandbox-environment.
- Poor price/quality ratio
Avast Pro Antivirus 2019 for businesses works reasonably well overall. Considering the unique home-network-protection and the useful extras you’ll purchase a fine Internet-security package.